Can A Wife Change Her Name?

Upon request of a spouse, the court can (and usually will) order a former name (usually her maiden name) restored. The wife may also choose a different name. The spouse must put the request in the Complaint for Divorce or in the Answer to the Complaint for Divorce. Changing the name at the time of the entry of the final Divorce Judgment is the most economical way to do so. It is not the only way. A separate name change proceeding can be started at any time.

Designed and developed By Drupal Networks is a division of YAS Global.